Professional Appraisal Services for: Antiques, Fine Art, Furniture, Memorabilia, Collectibles, and Household Property
Reasons to Get an Estate Appraisal
A professional estate appraisal from Jane Alexiadis provides the required legal documentation required for a variety of purposes and functions. Jane's personal property appraisals help you manage financial risk and avoid costly tax auditing and legal fees. All documents provided by Jane are in compliance with the Universal Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices. Her appraisals will help you:
Calculate Estate Taxes
An appraisal is necessary for a taxable estate. One must efficiently catalogue the property to provide an appraisal that meets the IRS requirements.
Document Non-cash Charitable Contributions
An appraisal is recommended to substantiate a donation to a charitable organization of $1,000 but it is required for anything above $5,000.
Distribute Property Equitably
An appraisal is used to settle divorce or estates for fair distribution of property that is based on fair market value.
Protect Your Belongings with Insurance
An appraisal documents the existence, condition and replacement value of your belongings. For insurance purposes, it is wise to have an updated appraisal every five years.
Protect Your Belongings when Relocating
Due to the limited protection for damage or loss by moving companies, a complete appraisal of all belongings is recommended before you move.
What's It Worth? Columns:
- May 11, 2017 Arts & Crafts, Mission, Craftsman and Prairie Styles - What's the Difference? May 11, 2017
- May 6, 2017 Steer Horn Furniture - An Icon of the American West? May 6, 2017
- Apr 10, 2017 An ancient symbol of abundance, balance and good fortune overtaken with imagery of hatred Apr 10, 2017
- Mar 26, 2017 What makes a quilt "Crazy"? Mar 26, 2017
- Mar 23, 2017 Get the Scoop on Victorian Serving Utensils Mar 23, 2017
- Mar 23, 2017 English Registration Marks - Protecting the Authenticity of British Made Goods Mar 23, 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 "Sulfur Charged" Bellows (don't belong on the hearth) Feb 23, 2017
- Dec 16, 2016 Family History Can Add Provenance - And Value Dec 16, 2016
- Oct 16, 2016 Argand Oil Lamps - Patented 1784 Oct 16, 2016
- Oct 16, 2016 Victorian Pin and a Family History - Part 2 of 2 Oct 16, 2016
- Oct 16, 2016 Victorian Tassel Pin and a Family History - Part 1 of 2 Oct 16, 2016
- Jul 30, 2016 Cape Cod Fire Starters - Yankee Ingenuity to Light Hearth without Kindling Jul 30, 2016
- Jul 30, 2016 "Orientalist" Paintings Mirror History and Archaeology in the 1920s Jul 30, 2016
- Jul 14, 2016 Lydia Pinkham: Marketing Entrepreneur and Health Advocate Jul 14, 2016
- Jun 5, 2016 Scrap Metal for Japan - Lithograph Illustrates Sliver of History Jun 5, 2016
- May 26, 2016 Suffragette Jewelry - Real, Legend or Somewhere in Between? May 26, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Victorian Jewelry with Hidden Messages May 10, 2016
- Apr 24, 2016 What's It Worth? Whimsical figurines from Red Rose Tea Apr 24, 2016
- Mar 11, 2016 German-made disk music player from the 1890s Mar 11, 2016